Do you typically buy gift cards for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, or for purchases? Are you always on the hunt for good deals?
Gift cards are a great way to save money without actually changing what you buy at all. Here are some fantastic websites where you can save a ton when purchasing gift cards!
Check out giftcardgranny.com which is a shopping site for buying or selling gift cards. Save up to 65% on other people’s unwanted gift cards. Sell your unwanted gift cards for up to 92% of their face value. Type in the store you want and they will show you various sites selling those cards and the discounts associated with the gift cards. Once you make your gift card purchase you usually get your gift card in the mail within 3 to 7 business days.
“The ‘Google of Gift Cards,’ Gift Card Granny does the searching for you.” – PC Magazine
“I’ve found the easiest way to find the best deals is through Gift Card Granny.” – USA Today
“The easiest way to find the best deal is through an aggregator site called Gift Card Granny.” – MSN Money
Watch this short 1 minute video about how GiftCardGranny works here:
Read through their terms and conditions page here.
Cardpool.com is also a great site to check out as well for discounted gift cards. Were you going pay with cash to buy a new refrigerator, dishwasher, or stove at say Home Depot? Or maybe you were going to renovate the bathroom or kitchen? No problem. Get your discounted cards then make your purchase.
If you add it all up it really lowers the price of purchases too. Check out Cardpool’s bulk buying mode. Simply enter the amount you need and the site automatically pulls cards to match that amount as close as possible.
Worried about fraud? Cardpool guarantees your gift cards for up to 100 days from the date of your purchase up to a maximum of $1000 per customer.
CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, The New York Times, and others are calling Cardpool “the gift card marketplace everyone should be using.”
For more information check out their Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ page here.
Raise.com is another great site for buying gift cards at a discounted price. Raise is a peer-to-peer gift card marketplace where members can buy gift cards at a discount and sell their unwanted gift cards for cash. To sell your gift card you must have a minimum value of $20.
Members can buy or sell physical or electronic gift cards. Free shipping is included with any gift card order through this site.
When selling gift cards you will be charged a $1 fee for physical gift cards and nothing for electronic gift cards. Raise also takes a 15% commission on the selling price.
Raise offers 100% satisfaction and asserts every gift card sold on their site is verified by their risk department. My one caution with this site is you buy gift cards at your own risk. Their terms and conditions state as such.
Holiday Gift Cards
Here are some other great deals you can get during the holidays.
- Buy $50 gift card at Ruby Tuesdays get a bonus $15 gift card.
- Buy $100 at Panera and get a $20 bonus gift card.
- Buy a $25 gift card at CheesCake Factory and get two slices of cheesecake free. That’s about a $15 to $20 value!
- At Christmas, Target typically offers 10% off gift cards. So you could get $300 worth of gift cards for $270.
Maybe you’re not into buying gift cards. What about buying products and services at a discounted price? I’m going to dedicate a whole post to websites that offer products and services at a discounted priced. For now, have you heard of Groupon?
I’d like to offer some words of caution about gift cards and discount sites.
- Do be careful about losing gift cards. It’s like loosing cash anyone can use them.
- Do keep your gift cards some place safe. You don’t want your gift cards stolen!
- Do read the fine print. Check each website’s terms and conditions. Make sure they have a guarantee like the one from Cardpool.
- Do check the card balance. Aren’t sure how much is on the gift card? Go to the gift card company’s official website and punch in the card number to get the balance.
- Do use coupons and rebates at stores too! Gift cards combined with coupons equals to huge savings!
- Money’s My Life: The Best Gift Cards For 2016 And How To Save Money On Them
- The Crazy Coupon Lady: How to Save Hundreds with Discounted Gift Cards
- Gift Card Nanny Blog – Student Discounts, Costco and Sam’s Club Tips, and more!
* * *
What have you found is the best way to save money when buying gift cards? Have you used any of the sites mentioned in this post?