* * *
Welcome to day day 14 and our 2nd week reflections. Today our challenge is to reflect on what we’ve learned and experienced these last couple weeks.
Recap of our No Spend Challenge so far:
Day 0 – The No Spend Challenge – Summary
Day 1 – Rules & Guidelines
Day 2 – Plan Free Activities for the Month
Day 3 – Organize Our Freezer & Refrigerator
Day 4 – Organize Our Pantry
Day 5 – Brainstorming Meals
Day 6 – Meal Swapping
Day 7 – 1st Week Reflection
Day 8 – “Eat Out” at Home with Family or Friends
Day 9 – Learn Something New for Free!
Day 10 – Learn Something New for Free… Again!
Day 11 – Time to Clean the House!
Day 12 – Time to Continue to Clean the House!
Day 13 – Clean out the Garage or Storage Unit
Day 14 – Today document your progress, struggles, and successes half way through the challenge
Whether you feel you deserve a pat on the back or a kick in the pants it’s time to think back to this week of spending only on the essentials. Did you succeed?
How are you documenting your progress, challenges, and victories? Are you blogging, journaling or writing in a diary? Do you have an excel spreadsheet or word document you keep track of numbers? Are you taking pictures?
Do you more ideas and need encouragement? Join our Facebook group “The No Spend Challenge” that has over 4300 members! (Edited 12/4/15 to update group size.)
Remember: Part of understanding our journey in this No Spend Challenge is reflection. Understanding where we came from helps us understand where we are going. The other part is passing your experience onto others (kids, parents, extended family, friends, etc.) if you are so inclined.
I will post separate threads to the Facebook group for discussion questions to get the creative juices flowing. Look for the hashtag #NSCDay14 (meaning “No Spend Challenge – Day 14”).
Discussion questions will include:
1. How much money did you save these first two weeks compared to a normal month of spending? Or, what percentage of your budget did you save so far?
2. How has this challenge changed you? What are your goals for the the remaining 2 weeks of this month?
3. Explain this challenge as if you were taking to a friend or relative. Who do you think might benefit from hearing about and even participating in The No Spend Challenge? Tell 3 ppl about it today!
4. What are two or three things you learned about your spending habits this month?
5. What items did you put off buying these first two weeks? Which of them are things you really need and which are you realizing are really wants?
6. What did you do for fun & entertainment that’s cheap/free so far this challenge?
7. What does your pantry, refrigerator, and freezer look like today? Could you make it another month on what you have on hand?
8. What tips would you give after 2 weeks to someone who has never done this no spend challenge before and might be thinking about doing it next month?
* * *
Tomorrow we start week 3! Keep moving forward! We can do this! You guys are awesome!